For Immediate Release
Contact: Carmen Campbell, 505.367.1194 or,
Deadline Extended for JMEC Member Subject Matter Submissions for Forensic Audit
New deadline: Monday, January 17, 2022
ESPANOLA, N.M., December 20, 2021 – The deadline for Jemez Mountains Electric Cooperative, Inc., members to submit subject matter for consideration in a forensic audit has been extended to Monday, January 17, 2021.
The Board of Trustees of Jemez Mountains Electric Cooperative, Inc., (JMEC) approved at its December 3, 2021, meeting to retain a forensic auditing firm to conduct a forensic audit of the cooperative to make certain JMEC is performing to the expected best practices.
A forensic audit examines specific financial practices of an organization and, as with any audit, returns with findings and recommendations for action. The JMEC Board of Trustees must work with the selected auditor to define its scope and propose a reasonable timeframe for its completion.
JMEC leadership has submitted issues for the audit and the Board of Trustees is inviting any JMEC member to submit subject matter for consideration of inclusion in the forensic audit with these guidelines:
- The submissions are practice more than people focused. The Board can readily act on correcting practices as needed for the present and future wellbeing of the cooperative and its ability to serve its members.
- Submissions include documentation or direction to evidence of poor practices. An audit cannot perform to rumor or hearsay.
- The member includes his or her name and contact information with their submission. Anonymous submissions will not be accepted.
- The submissions are presented to:
Dennis Trujillo, Board of Trustees President
Marcelina (Marcie) Martinez, JMEC Audit Committee Chair
Karen Wisdom, JMEC Senior Manager of Contract Administration and Compliance:
- Submissions are received by end of business day Monday, January 17, 2022. No member submissions will be accepted after this date.